Gluten-Free, Main Dishes, Non-Dairy, Non-Gluten, One-Pot, Pasta
Prep 10 mins ∙ Cook 25 mins ∙ Makes Serves: 6 cups ∙ Source Healthfulpursuit.com
1. Cook chicken, if needed. You can use the recipe here for good flavor: http://stphne.com/cookbooks/main_dishes/Skillet%20Chicken.html
2. Heat chicken broth and almond milk in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. (Alternatively, you can place them in a large measuring cup or bowl and microwave to heat. Microwave for 1 minute, and in 1-minute increments after that until steaming. Do not over-microwave.)
3. Place olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and cook for up to 8 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add rice to onion mixture and stir for one minute, until the ends of the rice become translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
4. Add wine to pan to de-glaze. Cook until the wine has reduced completely. Add cooked and cubed chicken breast. Slowly add 1 cup of hot broth to the rice mixture. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally until the broth is absorbed. Add another 1 cup broth, stir until absorbed.
5. Add in ½ cup broth at a time allowing each portion to absorb before adding another. This process should take about 25 - 30 minutes.
6. Once complete, risotto mixture should be tender. Stir in fresh parsley and serve.
Stephenie: This doesn't have the richness that regular risotto has, but it's a good non-dairy alternative.