Gluten-Free, Non-Dairy, Non-Gluten, Paleo, Sauces
Makes Yields approx0/1 2 cups (Scaled) ∙ Source Thehealthyfoodie.com
1. Add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor and process until completely reduced to a fine, liquid puree.
2. Transfer the puree to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, partly cover, and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is nice and thick and darker in color.
3. Remove the sauce from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
4. (Optional) To make a smoother BBQ sauce, pass it through a fine mesh sieve.
5. Refrigerate. This BBQ sauce tastes best if you allow it to sit in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to meld. It will keep for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Stephenie: Edited from the original to match my personal taste - less spicy, less cinnamon, and more vinegar.